Subject: [PATCH 0/8] Reorganize R8A7779/Marzen USB code

From: [email-masked] (Sergei Shtylyov)
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 20:40:13 +0400

Hello.

On 05-04-2013 6:01, Kuninori Morimoto wrote:

>>     Here's the set of 4 patches against the Simon Horman's 'renesas.git' repo,
>> 'renesas-next-20130404v2' tag and the 2 Ether patches I've reposted yesterday.
>> It was created to fix the shortcomings in the R8A7779/Marzen USB platform code
>> and R8A7779 USB common PHY driver, and so spans both arch/arm/mach-shmobile/
>> and drivers/usb/ subtrees (some patches have to touch both subtrees).
>> The patches were conceived with the complete bisectability goal in mind.

>> [1/8] ARM: shmobile:Marzen: move USB EHCI, OHCI, and PHY devices to R8A7779 code
>> [2/8] ehci-platform: add init() method to platform data
>> [3/8] ARM: shmobile: R8A7779: setup EHCI internal buffer
>> [4/8] rcar-phy: remove EHCI internal buffer setup
>> [5/8] rcar-phy: correct base address
>> [6/8] rcar-phy: add platform data
>> [7/8] ARM: shmobile: Marzen: pass platform data to USB PHY device
>> [8/8] rcar-phy: handle platform data

>>     I'm not sure thru which tree this patchset should be merged, however it turns
>> out that it's too late now to push it thru Felipe Balbi's USB tree for 3.10, so
>> maybe the patchset can be merged thru Simon's tree with Felipe's and Alan
>> Stern's ACKs.

> I guess you already got request about patch style from Simon.

    It's not about style. I tried to keep the series copmpletely bisectable, 
and granting almost all requests about splitting the patches would have broken 
the bisection.

> When you send v2 patch, could you please add "this patch is tested on xxxx bard"
> on each patch's comment area ?

    I'm not sure it's worth doing v2, although in one place I can indeed 
readily split the patch. All patches were tested on the Marzen board, I forgot 
to mention that in the cover letter.

> Then,
> for all patches

> Acked-by: Kuninori Morimoto <[email-masked]>

    Thanks.

WBR, Sergei