Subject: [PATCH v3 0/9] Reorganize R8A7779/Marzen USB code

From: [email-masked] (Sergei Shtylyov)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:02:33 +0400

Hello.

On 11-04-2013 4:51, Simon Horman wrote:

>>>>>     Here's the set of 9 patches against the Simon Horman's 'renesas.git' repo,
>>>>> 'renesas-next-20130410' tag.  It was created to fix the shortcomings in the
>>>>> R8A7779/Marzen USB platform code and R8A7779 USB common PHY driver, and so
>>>>> spans both arch/arm/mach-shmobile/ and drivers/usb/ subtrees (some patches have
>>>>> to touch both subtrees). The patches were conceived with the complete
>>>>> bisectability goal in mind.

>>>>> [1/9] ARM: shmobile: Marzen: move USB EHCI, OHCI, and PHY devices to R8A7779 code
>>>>> [2/9] ehci-platform: add pre_setup() method to platform data
>>>>> [3/9] ARM: shmobile: R8A7779: setup EHCI internal buffer
>>>>> [4/9] rcar-phy: remove EHCI internal buffer setup
>>>>> [5/9] ARM: shmobile: R8A7779: remove USB PHY 2nd memory resource
>>>>> [6/9] rcar-phy: correct base address
>>>>> [7/9] rcar-phy: add platform data
>>>>> [8/9] ARM: shmobile: Marzen: pass platform data to USB PHY device
>>>>> [9/9] rcar-phy: handle platform data

>>>>>     I'm not sure thru which tree this patchset should be merged, however it turns
>>>>> out that it's too late now to push it thru Felipe Balbi's USB tree for 3.10
>>>>> (which would have been most convenient probably), and it's probably too late to
>>>>> merge thru Simon's tree for 3.10 too. So it now have to be postponed to 3.11,
>>>>> unfortunately...

>>>> Felipe, how would you prefer to handle this?
>>>> I'm happy for you to take it or to take it myself.

>>> please take it yourself, just keep in mind there will be conflicts, I
>>> will go over the patches now and give my Acked-by so you can queue them
>>> up.

>> Thanks

> Sergei, it looks like patches 1-7 are clear.

    #7 & #9 have been refused by Felipe (hence #8 isn't good too).

> Do you want me to start queueing them up.

    I was going to repost the whole series soon, adding ACK from Alan to the 
patch #2 and resolving issues with patches #7..#9. It's worth waiting for that 
to happen I think.

> Or would you rather wait for the issue with patch 6 to be resolved?

    There's no special issue with patch #6 other than the PHY driver files 
being renamed in Felipe's tree -- but that concerns all patches touching 
drivers/usb/phy/rcar-phy.c (some of which precede #6).
    I don't know how the rename conflict will be handled (this is really bad 
coincidence), perhaps I still should have done this patchset against Felipe's 
'next' branch and pushed it thru his tree. If the patches will be queued for 
3.11 anyway, maybe it's worth doing that -- I'm still of the opinion that his 
tree would be the one most fitting for this patchset.

WBR, Sergei