Subject: [PATCH 1/3] ARM: tegra: pcie: Add tegra3 support

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Warren)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 12:29:06 -0600

On 04/12/2013 11:06 AM, Jay Agarwal wrote:
>> On 04/12/2013 10:43 AM, Jay Agarwal wrote:
>>>> On 04/08/2013 09:41 AM, Jay Agarwal wrote:
>>>>> Signed-off-by: Jay Agarwal <[email-masked]>
>>>>>
>>>>> - Enable pcie root port 2 for cardhu
>>>>> - Make private data structure for each SOC
>>>>> - Add required tegra3 clocks and regulators
>>>>> - Add tegra3 specific code in enable controller
>>>>> - Modify clock tree to get clocks based on device
>>>>> - Based on git://gitorious.org/thierryreding/linux.git
>>>>
>>>> A couple more points on this patch:
>>>>
>>>> * You didn't mention that this series is based on Thierry's
>>>> work-in-progress tree, and not something immediately destined for
>>>> upstream. As such, only Thierry is expected to actually apply any of these
>> patches.
>>>>
>>> [>] Stephen, I have mentioned it in comment description as Based on
>> git://gitorious.org/thierryreding/linux.git, is this not enough?
>>
>> Well, first off, there are many branches there, and secondly the branch that
>> a series is based on doesn't necessarily imply much about what you expect
>> people to do with it.
>>
> I am not clear, What should I mention then?

The branch name. Thierry's branch has the following:

  remotes/gitorious_thierryreding_linux/drm/hdmi-for-3.9
  remotes/gitorious_thierryreding_linux/drm/tegra-for-3.9
  remotes/gitorious_thierryreding_linux/tegra/drm/for-3.8
  remotes/gitorious_thierryreding_linux/tegra/drm/next
  remotes/gitorious_thierryreding_linux/tegra/next
  remotes/gitorious_thierryreding_linux/tegra/next-20130122

which of those was it based on?

Also, you simply said it was based on that repo. If you intend Thierry
to apply the patches to his repo/branch, rather than the usual
maintainers of the files you're editing, who you also CC'd, you should
specify that.