Subject: [PATCH RESEND] ARM: EXYNOS: no more support non-DT for EXYNOS SoCs

From: [email-masked] (Kukjin Kim)
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 23:14:54 +0900

On 04/23/13 04:11, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

>>>> I still have hope to get those included.
>>>>
>>> I agree and I asked Tomasz to re-send universal dt patch.
>>>
>> Hi Arnd and Olof,
>>
>> Is it possible to send one more pull-request for this and something like
>> dt patches for exynos?
>
> I think it's too late for that now, let's just fix the broken pieces
> now and do the minimum amount of patches on top of what we have:
>
Agreed, but following has been sent to arm-soc as a name of 'dt-exynos2 
for v3.10' at 4/10, even though its base should be fixed.

--------8<----------------8<---------
Sachin Kamat (5):
       ARM: dts: Remove keypad entries from exynos4x12-pinctrl.dtsi
       ARM: dts: Add keypad entries to Exynos4412 based Origen
       ARM: dts: Add keypad entries to SMDK4412
       ARM: dts: Add MFC clock entries for exynos4
       ARM: dts: Update MFC documentation for clock entries

Vivek Gautam (5):
       ARM: dts: Enabling samsung-usb2phy driver for exynos5250
       ARM: dts: Enabling samsung-usb3phy driver for exynos5250
       ARM: dts: Add device tree bindings for dwc3-exynos
       ARM: dts: Enabling dwc3-exynos driver for exynos5250
       ARM: EXYNOS: Enable XHCI support on exynos5

.../devicetree/bindings/media/s5p-mfc.txt          |  5 ++
  .../devicetree/bindings/usb/exynos-usb.txt         | 34 +++++++++
  arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos4.dtsi                     |  2 +
  arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos4412-origen.dts            | 62 +++++++++++++++
  arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos4412-smdk4412.dts          | 87 
++++++++++++++++++++++
  arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos4x12-pinctrl.dtsi          | 56 --------------
  arch/arm/boot/dts/exynos5250.dtsi                  | 45 +++++++++++
  arch/arm/mach-exynos/Kconfig                       |  1 +
  8 files changed, 236 insertions(+), 56 deletions(-)
--------8<----------------8<---------

So I'd like to send below you mentioned with above.

Note that I will send this removing non-DT exynos support patch to 
arm-soc tree after release v3.10-rc1.

> * Thomas Abraham's fix for the clk code

Included in my late-dt branch for exynos.

> * Tomasz Figa's patch to restore Universal C210

If you mean '[PATCH v2 0/3] ARM: EXYNOS: DT-enabled support for 
Universal C210', the series included but as I know, that depends on 
'[PATCH v5 00/14] ARM: samsung-time: Prepare for multiplatform support' 
you asked to postpone for v3.11...

> * Whatever is needed to get USB working again on Arndale

Hmm, I'm not sure which patch is needed for this on Arndale, 
unfortunately, I don't have the platform...Probably above Vivek's patches?

> * Anything else that comes up that is really a bug fix.

Yes, right.

> * Getting the PWM and ADC drivers working with DT, that can
>    easily be done.

OK.

> * Possibly a patch to mark CONFIG_EXYNOS_ATAGS as broken,
>    if you think that helps.

Yes.

> but not:
>
> * The entire series to rework the PWM clock from Tomasz

See above comments.

> * The entire series to remove ATAGS support on Exynos

OK.

> * Any other non-bugfix patches
>
OK.

- Kukjin