Subject: Would like to form a pool of Linux copyright holders for faster GPL enforcement against Anthrax Kernels

From: [email-masked] (Eric Appleman)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 04:26:45 -0400

Background on Anthrax Kernels and their GPL violation:
http://pastebin.com/X5Cciy03

Would anyone be interested in forming such a pool? I am willing to wait 
years for this to be resolved through certain organizations, but I 
believe we can do better.

Last I checked, I have 1 long-time poster of the gpl-violations list on 
board. Would anyone else like to join? Ideally I'd like to get the LKML 
(which I have CC'd among others) involved so that authors of critical 
Linux components be a part of this. I'm not sure if my defconfig commits 
to Android kernel branches count as contributions, so I'm not going to 
consider myself a Linux contributor unless told otherwise.

This pool would be used in the following manner:

* Formally requesting source for binaries (means to request source is 
actively hidden)
* Formally requesting removal of critical copyrighted code that Linux 
cannot function without
* Informing interested parties with respect to refusals of the above

The CTO of Anthrax's hosting server is very interested in terminating 
Chad Goodman's account. Bullet point #3 might come into effect here.

If this is a bad idea, breaks list etiquette, uses incorrect logic, or 
does not follow the conventions of GPL enforcement, feel free to shoot 
this idea down with utmost prejudice.

- Eric