Subject: [PATCH 00/10] clk: mvebu: restructure SoC clock drivers

From: [email-masked] (Gregory CLEMENT)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 20:56:16 +0200

On 05/20/2013 08:15 PM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Jason Cooper,
> 
> On Mon, 20 May 2013 13:58:27 -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
> 
>>> I've tested on Armada 370 DB (after reverting the ARM core patch
>>> that prevents this platform from booting) and the Armada XP DB.
>>> Both boards boot fine, and detect PCIe devices as they should.
>>>
>>> There is some conflict between this set of commits and the two
>>> commits that modify the PCIe clocks in my PCIe series. I've pushed
>>> a branch at
>>> https://github.com/MISL-EBU-System-SW/mainline-public/tree/marvell-pcie-v10-and-seb-clks
>>> which has the mvebu PCIe stuff + Sebastian patches on top of it,
>>> with the conflicts resolved. The tricky thing is that since
>>> Sebastian is adding new clock files, and then removing the old
>>> ones, it's pretty easy to "loose" the changes the two PCIe clock
>>> patches are doing. The branch above works on Armada 370/XP, so you
>>> can compare the clock files if needed.
>>
>> hmm, in my haste yesterday, I did this in the opposite order (clk,
>> then pcie on top).  I'm going to reshuffle them because I don't want
>> pcie depending on and waiting for this clock series to be ready :)
> 
> Ok. Either way is fine with me, but it's true that chronologically, the
> PCIe stuff has been around for way more time than the clk
> restructure patches.
> 
>> The good news is everything (except kirkwood-pcie, ran out of time)
>> made it through linux-next!  Also, kisskb is now building
>> mvebu_defconfig in addition to all the other ones.
> 
> Ok. Gregory can give more details, but I believe we are also building
> daily linux-next and Linus master for the mvebu_defconfig.

Indeed every day we build linux-next for the mvebu_defconfig and for
multi_v7_defconfig (as mvebu is part of it). You can see the status here:

http://jenkins.free-electrons.com/job/linux-next/

However we don't build Linus master but we could add it.

> Best regards,
> Thomas

-- 
Gregory Clement, Free Electrons
Kernel, drivers, real-time and embedded Linux
development, consulting, training and support.
http://free-electrons.com