Subject: [PATCH v2] ARM: shmobile: BOCK-W: add Ether support

From: [email-masked] (Sergei Shtylyov)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 22:08:35 +0400

Hello.

On 25-05-2013 9:30, Simon Horman wrote:

>> Register Ether device from bockw_init(), passing the platform data to it, adding
>> only the RMII pin group to bockw_pinctrl_map[].  Although the LINK signal exists
>> on the board, it's connected to the link/activity LED  output of the PHY, thus
>> the link disappears and reappears after each packet. We'd be better off ignoring
>> such signal and getting the link state from the PHY indirectly.

>> Also, Ether has pin conflict with VIN1, so the latter is not registered when the
>> 'sh_eth' driver is enabled now.

>> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
>>
>> ---
>> The patch is atop of Simon's 'renesas.git' repo, 'renesas-next-20130515v2' tag
>> and my recent yet unapplied patches.

>> Note that it's compile and run time dependent on the current Linus' tree.

>> Changes from the original posting:
>> - refreshed the patch.

> Thanks, would it be possible for you to rebase it on top of
> renesas-next-20130523.

    You mean to base it on this tag without any intervening patches (it 
is now on top of my patch series)? Anyway, I'll rebase my whole series 
on this tag as I have time (I'm now working with the SATA driver to try 
to add to it NCQ support and fixing errors I encounter on the way).

> renesas-next-20130523 is based on v3.10-rc2, so I think it should
> have whatever dependencies that were in Linus's tree at the time
> that you posted this patch.

     Yes, correct.

WBR, Sergei