Subject: [RFC PATCH 1/4] arm: omap: Add phy binding info for musb in plat data

From: [email-masked] (Kishon Vijay Abraham I)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 14:51:27 +0530

Hi,

On Friday 14 June 2013 01:47 PM, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
> On 14/06/13 10:33, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>
>> If we want to fix something this late in the merge window, the patches
>> must have a clear description what caused the regression and what happens
>> without the patches. These patches don't have that. And they are marked
>> RFC also. So actually I'm not applying any of them before the regression
>> descriptions are there and the patches have been reposted without RFC
>> and have sufficient acks from people.

I posted this as RFC since this series uses _label_ and initially Felipe 
din't want to find PHYs by _label_.
After the device names are created using PLATFORM_DEVID_AUTO, our 
original method of binding by device names doesn't work reliable (since 
the device name changes). And I couldn't think of any other way to find 
the PHY other than using _label_. So I just wanted to know if it's ok to 
use _label_ or if there is any other better way to find PHYs.

>
> No disagreement there.
>
> Kishon, I tested the patches on top of v3.10-rc5, booting with nfs root
> via usb gadget eth:
>
> Overo: works
> Beagle: works, but I need to reconnect the usb cable after kernel is up
> Beagle-xm: doesn't work. The cable is detected correctly, though
> Panda: works
>
> The problems with Beagles are there even without these patches, so they
> do make things better (fix Overo).

Thanks for testing this. I'll post a new version removing RFC after 
Felipe ACKs it.

Thanks
Kishon