Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-soc tree with the net-next tree

From: [email-masked] (Sergei Shtylyov)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 18:36:39 +0400

Hello.

On 18-06-2013 12:33, Bastian Hecht wrote:

> Sergei is completely right I think. He was sceptic about the commit in
> a mail some days ago already. Unfortunately I recently haven't had
> access to my development environment to check what's up with this
> patch. I'm sorry that it ended up to you both to deal with it. I have
> written some simple bindings for the sh-eth and wanted to use it for
> our DT reference version for the Armadillo board but discarded it as I
> saw Nobuhiro Iwamatsu, the author of the sh-eth driver, cooked up some
> more mature version. I don't see them in the next branch of Simon, so
> until they appear there we can delete commit 9e0b428f079d ("ARM:

    It won't appear there. I'll just NAK it, I think I've alredy told 
Iwamatsu-san that the full blown device tree binding for this driver is 
no-go. The best we can do is use OF_DEV_AUXDATA() to rename the DT 
sourced platform device to a traditional one and assign to it the 
platform data.

> shmobile: r8a7740: Add interim sh-eth device name to clocks list")

    Unfortunately, it's now too late to just delete it at this point. I 
missed the patch unfortunately when it was just submitted.

> that is only needed for sh-eth DT usage.

> Thanks,

>   Bastian

WBR, Sergei