Subject: [PATCH] ARM: omap5: build opp4xxx_data.c

From: [email-masked] (Santosh Shilimkar)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 16:24:55 -0400

On Tuesday 25 June 2013 04:17 PM, Nishanth Menon wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM, Santosh Shilimkar
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Well having voltage data in voltage domain was not my decision ;-)
>> Instead of creating another set of dummy data, I just used what
>> is out there(OMAP4) with clear comment that data needs to be updated.
>> I don't see any problem in this considering we have devices booting
>> and working nicely for OMAP5
> I really wish the OMAP5 devices(the latest ones from Fab) I have would
> like to function at OMAP4 configurations! Unfortunately the devices
> tend to follow the data manual for OMAP5.
> *if* there is no need for it to boot, I suggest removing it.
> 
I don't understand you. For OMAP5, that data without voltage
controller support doesn't do anything bad. Since there was some
dependency of voltage domain association whit PD's, I have to keep
that. I never claimed that OMAP4 settings would work for OMAP5
in absolute terms.

Feel free to post a patch with right data which you seems to have.
I don't mind you removing that data as long as the device
continues to boot. Patch welcome.

Thanks !!

Regards,
Santosh