Subject: [PATCH 2/2] ARM: dts: AM4372: add few nodes

From: [email-masked] (Afzal Mohammed)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 10:38:45 +0530

Hi Muguthan,

On Saturday 03 August 2013 05:19 PM, Mugunthan V N wrote:
> On 8/2/2013 7:16 PM, Afzal Mohammed wrote:

>> +		mac: ethernet at 4a100000 {
>> +			compatible = "ti,am4372-cpsw","ti,cpsw";

> compatibility "ti,am4372-cpsw" is not needed as driver has only "ti,cpsw"
> compatibility

No, please read device tree documentation [1].

DT is a pure hardware description, it does not depend on driver, 
dependency is only vice versa.

>> +			reg = <0x4a100000 0x800
>> +			       0x4a101200 0x100>;
>> +			interrupts = <GIC_SPI 40 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH
>> +				      GIC_SPI 41 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH
>> +				      GIC_SPI 42 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH
>> +				      GIC_SPI 43 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH>;
>> +			ti,hwmods = "cpgmac0";
>> +			status = "disabled";
>> +		};

> There are many other parameters which are missed here.

Reason has been mentioned in the commit message, quoting relevant here 
again,

 >> For i2c, spi, cpsw & pwm - only the properties that were sure to be
 >> correct has been added (main intention is to make hwmod happy and
 >> avoid any later modification to here added properties).

I really wanted to avoid a later patch that has a line starting with 
minus on DTS.

Since you are working on cpsw support, can you help here with a patch 
for other properties.

Regards
Afzal

[1] 
http://devicetree.org/Device_Tree_Usage#Understanding_the_compatible_Property