Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the arm-soc tree with the usb tree

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Andrzej Siewior)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:54:57 +0200

On 08/27/2013 10:13 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Today's linux-next merge of the arm-soc tree got a conflict in 
> arch/arm/boot/dts/am335x-bone.dts between commit 97238b35d5bb
> ("usb: musb: dsps: use proper child nodes") from the  tree and
> commit 63f6b2550aa0 ("ARM: dts: AM33XX: don't redefine OCP bus and
> device nodes") from the arm-soc tree.
> 
> I fixed it up (probably incorrectly - see below) and can carry the
> fix as necessary (no action is required).

You added the OCP node back and the USB nodes as I had them which
should be fine.

How do we solve the conflict for the merge window? Is it possible for
the ARM-SOC tree to create a topic branch for this commit?

Greg: I do have a pending pull / patches [0] which also change the dts
nodes according to the latest feedback + enabling an additional USB
port in bone.
If you take this in I could update the nodes later (with the topic
branch merged) accordingly to the way it has been done in the ARM-SOC
tree - unless you have other preferences.

[0] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg92595.html

Sebastian