Subject: [PATCH v2 00/13] ARM: OMAP2+: AM43x PRCM support

From: [email-masked] (Afzal Mohammed)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 17:33:00 +0530

Hi Paul,

On Wednesday 21 August 2013 08:23 AM, Paul Walmsley wrote:

>> Currently there is no public TRM available for AM43x.
> 
> Can you think of any way that the data can be doublechecked against some 
> reference or against the reality of the chip?

This series has been tested on a pre-silicon platform, and boots to
prompt (along with DT clocks from Tero).

> Can development boards be made available to the OMAP maintainers so we can 
> ensure that the code, once merged, continues to work?

Silicon & boards are not yet ready. I checked internally about your
request, I had been told that once boards are ready, it can be made
available to the maintainers.

>> Powerdomain & Clockdomain data has been added separately as it was not
>> giving much advantage reusing AM335x ones (runtime updates required
>> was getting too ugly). But as AM43x PRCM functionality is similar to
>> OMAP4, power domain, clock domain & hwmod operations are reused from
>> OMAP4.
> 
> Is the AM43xx PRCM design and IP derived from AM33xx, or from OMAP4, or 
> from something else?

PRCM is derived from AM335x, but modified such that it is more aligned
with OMAP4 (especially w.r.t register offsets)

Regards
Afzal