Subject: [PATCH RFC v2 01/16] ARM: call clk_of_init from time_init

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Hesselbarth)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 22:52:09 +0200

On 09/04/2013 10:41 PM, S?ren Brinkmann wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 04, 2013 at 09:32:24PM +0200, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
> [ ... ]
>> For mach-zynq I prepared a patch set that brings it close to .init_time
>> removal. I have pushed it to
>>    https://github.com/shesselba/linux-dove.git zynq-clk-init-v1
>> and will maybe post a patch set after this one is done.
>
> I think Steffen had a similar approach and we turned it down:
> Your proposal lets the clkc map the SLCR's registers. I think
> that approach is not right. It might be okay now, since the
> SLCR driver is pretty much a useless skeleton. But in general,
> there is a driver for the SLCR which maps that register
> region. No other driver should mess with it.
>
> Actually, one early version of my clkc looked pretty much like what you
> propose now and we changed it because of above reason.

Erm, passing the base address to clkc is less "mess with it" then
get it from DT?

Anyways, having a custom .init_time gives you full control over
of_clk_init and clocksource_of_init back again thanks to your
suggestion.

I'll stop converting zynq and let you decide on your own ;)

Sebastian