Subject: Query about include/linux/mailbox.h

From: [email-masked] (Craig McGeachie)
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 20:48:48 +1200

On 09/01/2013 01:39 AM, Jassi Brar wrote:
>> See if I can get my head around that framework and what it does, and try
>> fitting the BCM2835 mailbox into it?
>>
> Yes. If you point me to your mailbox client drivers, I could also give
> it a look to see if we need some changes.

Righty ho. This seems to be a reasonable attempt.

https://github.com/rickytarr/linux/tree/subsys-mailbox
https://github.com/rickytarr/linux/commit/e0c25371581d125e3f6a46f452ce3e95f1d267ee

It compiles cleanly and boots.  Start with bcm2835_defconfig, and then 
enable Device Drivers -> Mailbox Hardware Support -> BCM 2835 Mailbox. I 
think it validates that BCM2835 mailbox support can fit into your 
generic device.

But that's as far as I know.  I'm offering this as an early look only 
(comments and defects welcome). I've got to build something that uses it 
next.  For all I know it might cause the Raspberry Pi to explode and 
vaporise any desk it is sitting on.

Out of interest, do you have a roadmap for moving this into the kernel 
mainline?

Cheers,
Craig.