Subject: [GIT PULL] clocksource: event stream on architected timers and tcb_clksrc misc changes

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Lezcano)
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 16:25:07 +0200

Hi Thomas, Ingo,

- Will Deacon and Sudeep KarkadaNagesha implemented the event stream for 
architected timer. The event streams can be used to impose a timeout on 
a wfe, to safeguard against any programming error in case an expected 
event is not generated or even to implement wfe-based timeouts for 
userspace locking implementations. Some files fall under the arm 
maintainers' umbrella but those changes have been reviewed and acked by 
the relevant people (Catalin Marinas and Olof Johansson).

- Boris Brezillon improved the tcb_clksrc driver by removing a 
deprecated flag, checking return code values and using functions from 
the common clock framework.

Thanks !

    -- Daniel

The following changes since commit 68e90740284c69292881cd38c7ece6f09a18a58f:

   Merge branch 'clockevents/3.13' of 
git://git.linaro.org/people/dlezcano/linux into timers/core (2013-10-03 
07:57:02 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:

   git://git.linaro.org/people/dlezcano/linux.git clockevents/3.13

for you to fetch changes up to f51380a75652a4600b34ce384c4ff89ce0a15132:

   clocksource: tcb_clksrc: Remove IRQF_DISABLED (2013-10-03 16:28:40 +0200)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Boris BREZILLON (3):
       clocksource: tcb_clksrc: Replace clk_enable/disable with 
clk_prepare_enable/disable_unprepare
       clocksource: tcb_clksrc: Improve driver robustness
       clocksource: tcb_clksrc: Remove IRQF_DISABLED

Daniel Lezcano (1):
       Merge branch 'timer_evtstrm' of git://linux-arm.org/linux-skn 
into clockevents/3.13

Sudeep KarkadaNagesha (4):
       ARM/ARM64: arch_timer: add macros for bits in control register
       ARM: arch_timer: add support to configure and enable event stream
       ARM64: arch_timer: add support to configure and enable event stream
       drivers: clocksource: add CPU PM notifier for ARM architected timer

Will Deacon (1):
       drivers: clocksource: add support for ARM architected timer event 
stream

  arch/arm/include/asm/arch_timer.h    |   36 +++++++++++++++++---
  arch/arm/include/uapi/asm/hwcap.h    |    1 +
  arch/arm/kernel/setup.c              |    1 +
  arch/arm64/include/asm/arch_timer.h  |   42 +++++++++++++++++++----
  arch/arm64/include/asm/hwcap.h       |   11 +++---
  arch/arm64/include/uapi/asm/hwcap.h  |    1 +
  arch/arm64/kernel/setup.c            |   11 ++++++
  drivers/clocksource/Kconfig          |   15 +++++++++
  drivers/clocksource/arm_arch_timer.c |   49 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  drivers/clocksource/tcb_clksrc.c     |   61 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
  include/clocksource/arm_arch_timer.h |   10 ++++++
  11 files changed, 211 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

-- 
  <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog