Subject: [RFC PATCH 1/4] ARM64: Add Kconfig option to enable Big Endian kernel

From: [email-masked] (Tushar Jagad)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 12:19:28 +0530

Hi Christopher,

On 10/15/2013 11:39 PM, Christopher Covington wrote:

> What makes a board properly built and how can a user determine whether their
> board is?

As of now this flag assumes that the bootloader is in LE mode. It is 
left to the kernel to switch to BE mode. This flag makes the kernel set 
necessary flags in SCTLR registers on entry.
>
>> +                                                [...] and your board
>> +          port must properly enable any big-endian related features
>> +          of your chipset/board/processor.
>
> What is a board port for arm64?

This is a generic patch for the architecture. Each driver needs to make 
necessary changes keeping the kernel endianness in mind. We have tested 
these patches on our X-Gene platform.
-- 
Regards,
Tushar