Subject: [PATCH v2] ARM: head-common.S: relocate atags area if necessary

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Mack)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 18:19:34 +0200

On 10/19/2013 06:13 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 06:10:16PM +0200, Daniel Mack wrote:
>> Well, I totally see your point. However, we have machines out there that
>> won't update via kexec due to this, and fixing kexec is unfortunately
>> not an option, as updating anything would involve kexec'ing into an
>> update kernel again. So out only chance is to fix up the dtb location in
>> early boot code.
>>
>> You might say my case is special, and you're most probably right. I see
>> that trying to fix things is opening a can of worms.
>>
>> So - no worries, we'll just keep that patch around locally as it 'works
>> for me' (tm) :)
> 
> How about fixing kexec to work properly anyway, so that at a later date
> you can drop that patch?

I'll have a look on how to properly fix this in kexec, yes.

However, new images have to stay compatible to old versions to update
from, so we'll not be able to drop the patch any time soon :(

Daniel