Subject: [PATCH 2/3] clk: samsung: cpu: prepare for adding Exynos5433 CPU clocks

From: [email-masked] (Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 15:54:53 +0200

On Saturday, June 18, 2016 11:53:36 PM Tomasz Figa wrote:
> Hi Bart,

Hi Tomek,

> 2016-05-24 22:19 GMT+09:00 Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <[email-masked]>:
> > Exynos5433 uses different register layout for CPU clock registers
> > than earlier SoCs so add new code for handling this layout.  Also
> > add new CLK_CPU_HAS_E5433_REGS_LAYOUT flag to request using it.
> 
> Have you considered abstracting this? Comparing existing code with

Yes, I have considered abstracting this but I've decided that there is
sufficient number of differences to justify adding new code.

> newly added one, the differences don't really seem to be that huge and
> it looks like there is more common code than different, except maybe
> some numeric constants that could be put into a struct.

It is not only that, HPM clock sourcing checking would also need to be
abstracted somehow.  Anyway there is not a lot of new code and it so
much easier to follow by not being shared that I would prefer to keep
it that way.

Best regards,
--
Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Samsung R&D Institute Poland
Samsung Electronics