Subject: Build warning in drivers/dma/mmp_tdma.c

From: [email-masked] (Qiao Zhou)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 09:58:36 +0800

On 12/04/2013 09:32 AM, Dan Williams wrote:
> Please read the question, you can refer to of_get_named_gen_pool() for
> why I have a question.  Something in the system needs to do the
> devm_gen_pool_create() for that device.  If you are removing the mmp2
> sram driver are you switching to the generic sram driver?  If so
> shouldn't you ensure it is built? Otherwise this will always fail:
For CPU_MMP2 specifically, it switches to use generic sram driver. But 
generally it may not use sram only, a DDR buffer(or other buffer) may 
also be a pool. So here we don't add "select SRAM" directly. In this 
case we need to enable CONFIG_SRAM in mmp2_defconfig.

If no sram or other similar drivers are enabled, it will throw an error 
for warning.
>
> +       pool = of_get_named_gen_pool(np, "asram", 0);
> +       if (!pool) {
> +               dev_err(&pdev->dev, "asram pool not available\n");
> +               return -ENOMEM;
> +       }
>
> Ultimately I'm not in a position to care as long as this driver builds cleanly.

-- 

Best Regards
Qiao