Subject: [PATCH v2 3/9] clocksource/cadence_ttc: Store timer frequency in driver data

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Lezcano)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:58:26 +0100

On 12/18/2013 05:47 PM, S?ren Brinkmann wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 03:53:51PM +0100, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> On 12/17/2013 08:21 PM, S?ren Brinkmann wrote:
>>> Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 05:04:50PM -0800, Soren Brinkmann wrote:
>>>> It is not allowed to call clk_get_rate() from interrupt context. To
>>>> avoid such calls the timer input frequency is stored in the driver's
>>>> data struct which makes it accessible to the driver in any context.
>>>>
>>>> Signed-off-by: Soren Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
>>>> Acked-by: Daniel Lezcano <[email-masked]>
>>>
>>> I doubt that we'll resolve all issues with this series before the
>>> holidays or even the next merge window. Could you take this patch into
>>> your tree for 3.14? It is not directly related to the cpufreq work and
>>> fixes an actual issue that triggers a kernel WARN under some condition
>>> (I missed preserving the details and the trace). That would take the
>>> easy stuff out of the way and we can focus on the more controversial
>>> changes.
>>
>> You are asking to take it for 3.14 but shouldn't it go as a 3.13 fix ?
>
> That's also an option. As I remember, the patch fixes a kernel WARN. The
> system still seemed operational though. Up to you whether this is
> considered severe enough for the 3.13 series. I'm happy either way.

I was not able to reproduce the WARN with my board.

Please, could you give the WARN or give the procedure to reproduce it ?

Thanks
   -- Daniel

-- 
  <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog