Subject: [GIT PULL] clockevents/clocksource : new material for 3.14

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Lezcano)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 11:14:54 +0100

Hi Thomas and Ingo,

here is the new material for 3.14. I created a branch for Simon Horman 
as requested [1] where he can pull from and merged it in the 
clockevents/3.14 branch.	

  * Axel Lin removed an unused structure defining the ids for the bcm 
kona driver

  * Ezequiel Garcia enabled the timer divider only when the 25MHz timer 
is not used for the armada 370 XP

  * Jingoo Han removed a pointless platform data initialization for the 
sh_mtu and sh_mtu2

  * Laurent Pinchart added the clk_prepare/clk_unprepare for sh_cmt

  * Linus Walleij added an useful warning in clk_of when no clocks are 
found while the old behavior was to silently hang at boot time

  * Maxime Ripard added the high speed timer drivers for the Allwinner 
SoCs (A10, A13, A20). He increased the rating, shared the irq across all 
available cpus and fixed the clockevent's irq initialization for the sun4i

  * Michael Opdenacker removed the usage of the IRQF_DISABLED for the 
all the timers driver located in drivers/clocksource

  * Stephen Boyd switched to sched_clock_register for the 
arm_global_timer, cadence_ttc, sun4i and orion timers

Resolved conflicts:

  * (31f8ad387) "sun7i: a20: Add support for the High Speed Timers" and 
(428abbb8) "Enable the I2C controllers"

  * (67905540) "clocksource: Add Allwinner SoCs HS timers driver" and 
(b788beda) "Order Kconfig options alphabetically"

Thanks and happy new year !

   -- Daniel

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-sh/msg26645.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following changes since commit 0e6601eee039893a3f6420596ae4588d90d13cbe:

   Merge branch 'timers/posix-timers-for-tip-v2' of 
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/frederic/linux-dynticks 
into timers/core (2013-12-10 12:32:36 +0100)

are available in the git repository at:

   git://git.linaro.org/people/daniel.lezcano/linux.git clockevents/3.14

for you to fetch changes up to 98aefbe72ec6015f90fe045ed16c5cf755da283d:

   Merge branch 'clockevents/for-Simon-3.13-rc2' into clockevents/3.14 
(2013-12-18 15:14:36 +0100)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Axel Lin (1):
       clocksource: bcm_kona_timer: Remove unused bcm_timer_ids

Daniel Lezcano (1):
       Merge branch 'clockevents/for-Simon-3.13-rc2' into clockevents/3.14

Ezequiel Garcia (1):
       clocksource: armada-370-xp: Enable timer divider only when needed

Jingoo Han (2):
       clocksource: sh_tmu: Remove unnecessary platform_set_drvdata()
       clocksource: sh_mtu2: Remove unnecessary platform_set_drvdata()

Laurent Pinchart (1):
       clocksource: sh_cmt: Add clk_prepare/unprepare support

Linus Walleij (1):
       clocksource: clksrc-of: Warn if no clock sources are found

Maxime Ripard (7):
       clockevent: sun4i: Fill the irq field in the clockevent structure
       clocksource: sun4i: Change CPU mask to cpu_possible_mask
       clocksource: sun4i: Increase a bit the clock event and sources rating
       clocksource: Add Allwinner SoCs HS timers driver
       ARM: sun5i: a10s: Add support for the High Speed Timers
       ARM: sun5i: a13: Add support for the High Speed Timers
       ARM: sun7i: a20: Add support for the High Speed Timers

Michael Opdenacker (3):
       clocksource: misc drivers: Remove deprecated IRQF_DISABLED
       clocksource: tegra: Remove deprecated IRQF_DISABLED
       clocksource: vt8500: Remove deprecated IRQF_DISABLED

Stephen Boyd (4):
       clocksource: arm_global_timer: Switch to sched_clock_register()
       clocksource: cadence_ttc_timer: Switch to sched_clock_register()
       clocksource: sun4i: Switch to sched_clock_register()
       clocksource: orion: Switch to sched_clock_register()

  .../bindings/timer/allwinner,sun5i-a13-hstimer.txt |   22 +++
  arch/arm/boot/dts/sun5i-a10s.dtsi                  |    7 +
  arch/arm/boot/dts/sun5i-a13.dtsi                   |    7 +
  arch/arm/boot/dts/sun7i-a20.dtsi                   |   10 +
  arch/arm/mach-sunxi/Kconfig                        |    1 +
  drivers/clocksource/Kconfig                        |    4 +
  drivers/clocksource/Makefile                       |    1 +
  drivers/clocksource/arm_global_timer.c             |    4 +-
  drivers/clocksource/bcm_kona_timer.c               |    6 -
  drivers/clocksource/cadence_ttc_timer.c            |    7 +-
  drivers/clocksource/clksrc-of.c                    |    4 +
  drivers/clocksource/cs5535-clockevt.c              |    2 +-
  drivers/clocksource/dw_apb_timer.c                 |    3 +-
  drivers/clocksource/nomadik-mtu.c                  |    2 +-
  drivers/clocksource/samsung_pwm_timer.c            |    2 +-
  drivers/clocksource/sh_cmt.c                       |   23 ++-
  drivers/clocksource/sh_mtu2.c                      |    4 +-
  drivers/clocksource/sh_tmu.c                       |    4 +-
  drivers/clocksource/sun4i_timer.c                  |   11 +-
  drivers/clocksource/tegra20_timer.c                |    2 +-
  drivers/clocksource/time-armada-370-xp.c           |   18 +-
  drivers/clocksource/time-orion.c                   |    4 +-
  drivers/clocksource/timer-sun5i.c                  |  192 
++++++++++++++++++++
  drivers/clocksource/vt8500_timer.c                 |    2 +-
  24 files changed, 295 insertions(+), 47 deletions(-)
  create mode 100644 
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/timer/allwinner,sun5i-a13-hstimer.txt
  create mode 100644 drivers/clocksource/timer-sun5i.c

-- 
  <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog