Subject: [PATCH v2 3/7] tty: serial: Limit msm_serial_hs driver to platforms that use it

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Boyd)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 12:20:21 -0800

On 01/02/14 10:10, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Monday 30 December 2013, Stephen Boyd wrote:
>> The msm_serial_hs driver uses mach specific dma APIs. This is not
>> compatible with the multi-platform ARM effort. Let's only compile
>> this driver on MSM devices that are prepared to support it;
>> allowing the DT based MSM devices to enter the multi-platform ARM
>> build.
>>
>> Acked-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
>> Signed-off-by: Stephen Boyd <[email-masked]>
> Do you have a plan to deal with this in the future? Aren't you going
> to need it in the future on modern SoCs?
>

Yes, we plan to add the code for dma based serial devices into the
msm_serial.c driver. In the process we'll use the linux DMA apis instead
of using mach specific ones.

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
hosted by The Linux Foundation