Subject: [PATCHv12 06/49] clk: add support for low level register ops

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Boyd)
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 11:48:47 -0800

On 01/03/14 01:13, Tero Kristo wrote:
> On 12/22/2013 07:39 PM, Gerhard Sittig wrote:
>>
>>
>> Further I'd suggest to split this register access aspect out of
>> the TI clock series, and to prepare it already for regmap style
>> access to the hardware registers.  See the next comment below.
>
> This sounds like a good idea to me, seeing it is blocking lots of
> other things.

This ll_ops struct looks like a simplified regmap. Have you seen my
series that adds regmap support to the common clock framework[1]? Is
there any reason why you can't use those patches and layer some patches
on top to add support for regmap to the basic clock types?

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/12/23/461

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
hosted by The Linux Foundation