Subject: [PATCH] ARM: OMAP4: sleep: byteswap data for big-endian

From: [email-masked] (Ben Dooks)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 19:21:34 +0000

On 14/01/14 17:56, Nishanth Menon wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Victor Kamensky
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> When BE kernel is built Makefile does take of compiling code in BE
>> mode. I.e all proper flags like -mbig-endian and -Wl,--be8 will be set.
>
> Agreed, and I assume you cannot instead switch to LE mode when
> entering assembly assuming LE?

You could make it so that individual pieces of code could swap
back to big-endian, however that would introduce the possibility
of bugs if the code used a pointer to memory passed in, or refers
to a piece of data in another part of the code which is built in
big endian.

-- 
Ben Dooks				http://www.codethink.co.uk/
Senior Engineer				Codethink - Providing Genius