Subject: [PATCH] arch_timer: Move delay timer to drivers clocksource

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Lezcano)
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:12:35 +0100

On 01/17/2014 10:07 AM, Antti Miettinen wrote:
> Will Deacon <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Why can't you use the C3STOP feature so that the arch-timer isn't used when
>> you go idle?
>
> That would mean falling back to broadcast timer, right? That's not
> necessarily on the local CPU so wakeups would often wake two CPUs.

You can prevent that if the hardware supports it with the 
CLOCK_EVT_DYNIRQ flag on the broadcast timer.

> Does
> anyone have patches for using a CPU local timer as a fallback for
> C3STOP timers?

-- 
  <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog