Subject: [alsa-devel] [PATCH RFC v3 0/8] Beaglebone-Black HDMI audio

From: [email-masked] (Jyri Sarha)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:20:56 +0200

On 01/28/2014 11:23 AM, Jean-Francois Moine wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:31:59 +0200
> Jyri Sarha <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I would suggest to leave the CTS_N_K to the current setting (3), unless
>> we can change the CTS_N_K on the fly according to the used sample format.
>
> Yes, this is possible:
>
> - the tda998x codec may call the tda998x hdmi in the hw_params()
>    function, i.e. when the sample format is known, and then,
>
> - the tda998x_audio_update() function may have the audio parameters
>    (struct snd_pcm_hw_params) as an argument, and CTS_N_K may be set
>    to either 1, 2 or 3 for SNDRV_PCM_FORMAT_S16_LE / S24_LE and S32_LE.
>
> This is working in my machine. Would it also work for you?
>

I am having trouble getting the tda998x-codec working on BBB. The 
problem is I do not have a DT node for the tda998x driver. Instead I 
have tilcdc-slave node that provides pdata for the tda-driver.

I am thinking of solving the problem by adding a reference to the 
i2c-adapter hosting tda998x as an optional DT property to the codec 
node. I could then dig the driver instance from the i2c adapter's 
children. Any better ideas?

Best regards,
Jyri