Subject: [PATCH] arm: document "mach-virt" platform.

From: [email-masked] (Marc Zyngier)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:33:50 +0000

On 30/01/14 17:28, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday 30 January 2014, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> mach-virt has existed for a while but it is not written down what it actually
>> consists of. Although it seems a bit unusual to document a binding for an
>> entire platform since mach-virt is entirely virtual it is helpful to have
>> something to refer to in the absence of a single concrete implementation.
>>
>> I've done my best to capture the requirements based on the git log and my
>> memory/understanding.
>>
>> While here remove the xenvm dts example, the Xen tools will now build a
>> suitable mach-virt compatible dts when launching the guest.
> 
> It might be worth noting in the changeset comment that the 'compatible'
> string is actually no longer needed on newer kernels: All the members
> of the machine descriptor are now the defaults (we should remove the
> virt_init() function as well), and the fallback machine descriptor should
> work just fine if any other string gets passed.

I will ack the patch that removes the mach-virt directory altogether!

	M.
-- 
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny...