Subject: [PATCH] clk: respect the clock dependencies in of_clk_init

From: [email-masked] (Emilio López)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 12:00:18 -0300

El 07/02/14 11:49, Gregory CLEMENT escribi?:
> On 07/02/2014 15:43, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 09:24:30AM -0500, Jason Cooper wrote:
>>> On Fri, Feb 07, 2014 at 10:06:08AM -0300, Emilio L?pez wrote:
>>>
>>> [snip a great explanation]
>>>
>>> Guys, can I get some Tested-by's on this?
>>>
>>
>> In case someone missed Emilio's comment about it, I gave his oneliner
>> a test on A370 Reference Design. It worked just as well as Sebastian's.
>
> Well ok it's working but this patch is not better than Sebastian, it is
> even worth. I don't think it is a good idea at all to totally ignore the
> information given by the device tree.

With a bit more work, you can replace the clk_get magic with a call to 
of_clk_get_parent_name() or similar to be able to keep overriding stuff 
from DT. This way it would completely match the behaviour on 
mvebu_coreclk_setup (default to "tclk", allow overriding with DT).

Emilio