Subject: [PATCH 2/3] arm64: Add Kconfig option for Samsung GH7 SoC family

From: [email-masked] (Kukjin Kim)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 11:52:06 +0900

On 02/13/14 04:14, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 February 2014 13:04:40 Kumar Gala wrote:
>> On Feb 12, 2014, at 12:12 PM, Catalin Marinas<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>> On 12 Feb 2014, at 16:25, Kumar Gala<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>>> One reason to keep around ARCH_* is for drivers shared between arm and arm64 that depend on it.
>>>
>>> We already converted some of them (those depending on ARCH_VEXPRESS) to
>>> just depend on ARM64. Ideally, at some point I?d like to see them as
>>> defaulting to modules but I don?t think we are there yet (we had some
>>> discussions at the last KS, I?m not sure anyone started looking into
>>> this).
>>
>> I?m torn about this, I think for something like VEXPRESS it makes sense,
>> however I think  its reasonable to still have an config symbol for a full
>> SoC family or something of that nature.
>
> I think for SBSA compliant systems, we should be able to live with a
> generic ARCH_SBSA Kconfig symbol. For more irregular embedded platforms,
> we may need something more specific.
>
Basically, I agreed with Arnd's suggestion to use ARCH_SBSA. Or we need 
to define level in Kconfig like ARCH_SBSA_L1 for level1. BTW, how about 
compliant with SBSA Level1 and having some specific features?

- Kukjin