Subject: [PATCH 2/4] ARM: dove: prepare new Dove DT Kconfig variable

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Hesselbarth)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:12:20 +0100

On 02/28/2014 05:34 PM, Jason Cooper wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:53:10AM +0900, Mark Brown wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:28:03PM +0100, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:
>>> DT-enabled Dove will move over from ARCH_DOVE in mach-dove to MACH_DOVE in
>>> mach-mvebu. As non-DT ARCH_DOVE will stay to rot for a while, add a new
>>> DT-only MACH_DOVE to mmc, thermal, wdt, and asoc Kconfigs.
>>
>> I'd be much happier merging this sort of stuff individually through the
>> subsystems, we already have an annoying conflict here...  Is there some
>> bisection problem with doing that?
>
> shouldn't be.  Since these changes || the old with the new config
> symbols.
>
> Sebastian, can you split this up into individual patches?

Sure, I'll send them in-reply-to this mail soon. I'll also add the SATA
PHY Kconfig in a bisectable way, i.e. add MACH_DOVE and for now ignore
that the driver is DT-only. We plan to remove mach-dove in one or two
cycles anyway, it will go with it then.

Sebastian