Subject: [PATCH] irq: Changed the return type of irq_chip.irq_startup() from unsigned int to int

From: [email-masked] (James Hogan)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 11:14:32 +0000

On 04/03/14 10:57, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> The reason is the usage of commata instead of semicolons. You can work
> around that with cocci, but that gets ugly ....
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> 	tglx
> 
> --- a/drivers/gpio/gpio-tz1090.c
> +++ b/drivers/gpio/gpio-tz1090.c
> @@ -488,26 +488,26 @@ static int tz1090_gpio_bank_probe(struct tz1090_gpio_bank_info *info)
>  	gc->chip_types[0].handler		= handle_level_irq;
>  	gc->chip_types[0].regs.ack		= REG_GPIO_IRQ_STS;
>  	gc->chip_types[0].regs.mask		= REG_GPIO_IRQ_EN;
> -	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_startup	= gpio_startup_irq,
> -	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_ack		= irq_gc_ack_clr_bit,
> -	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_mask		= irq_gc_mask_clr_bit,
> -	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_unmask	= irq_gc_mask_set_bit,
> -	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_set_type	= gpio_set_irq_type,
> -	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_set_wake	= gpio_set_irq_wake,
> -	gc->chip_types[0].chip.flags		= IRQCHIP_MASK_ON_SUSPEND,
> +	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_startup	= gpio_startup_irq;
> +	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_ack		= irq_gc_ack_clr_bit;
> +	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_mask		= irq_gc_mask_clr_bit;
> +	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_unmask	= irq_gc_mask_set_bit;
> +	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_set_type	= gpio_set_irq_type;
> +	gc->chip_types[0].chip.irq_set_wake	= gpio_set_irq_wake;
> +	gc->chip_types[0].chip.flags		= IRQCHIP_MASK_ON_SUSPEND;
>  
>  	/* edge chip type */
>  	gc->chip_types[1].type			= IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_BOTH;
>  	gc->chip_types[1].handler		= handle_edge_irq;
>  	gc->chip_types[1].regs.ack		= REG_GPIO_IRQ_STS;
>  	gc->chip_types[1].regs.mask		= REG_GPIO_IRQ_EN;
> -	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_startup	= gpio_startup_irq,
> -	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_ack		= irq_gc_ack_clr_bit,
> -	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_mask		= irq_gc_mask_clr_bit,
> -	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_unmask	= irq_gc_mask_set_bit,
> -	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_set_type	= gpio_set_irq_type,
> -	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_set_wake	= gpio_set_irq_wake,
> -	gc->chip_types[1].chip.flags		= IRQCHIP_MASK_ON_SUSPEND,
> +	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_startup	= gpio_startup_irq;
> +	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_ack		= irq_gc_ack_clr_bit;
> +	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_mask		= irq_gc_mask_clr_bit;
> +	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_unmask	= irq_gc_mask_set_bit;
> +	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_set_type	= gpio_set_irq_type;
> +	gc->chip_types[1].chip.irq_set_wake	= gpio_set_irq_wake;
> +	gc->chip_types[1].chip.flags		= IRQCHIP_MASK_ON_SUSPEND;
>  
>  	/* Setup chained handler for this GPIO bank */
>  	irq_set_handler_data(bank->irq, bank);
> 

Whoops, that was a subtle mistake from when I converted it from static
irqchips to using the generic irqchip stuff. Thanks for the patch, I'll
add a commit message and resubmit.

Cheers
James