Subject: [PATCH v5 1/2] video: ARM CLCD: Add DT support

From: [email-masked] (Tomi Valkeinen)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:23:21 +0200

On 10/03/14 14:09, Pawel Moll wrote:

>> Note that the same DT bindings you add here should also work for the DRM
>> driver in the future. So, in fact, the question is extended to: will the
>> fbdev 
> 
> No, I don't think so. It's a end of line for it, I believe. From my
> personal point of view the main goal is to fill the last gap between DT
> and non-DT support on one of the Versatile Express boards - CLCD works
> fine when booted with ATAGs, doesn't work when booted with DT. It looks
> bad.

The DT describes the hardware, and there should be only one description
of it, no matter what the used SW is. I see compatible = "arm,pl111" in
the dts. PL111 is the LCD controller, right? What will the DRM driver
use, then, if the "arm,pl111" DT data is designed to work only for the
fbdev?

 Tomi

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 901 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20140310/b28a4f0a/attachment.sig>