Subject: [PATCH 3/9] Doc/DT: Add DT binding documentation for DVI Connector

From: [email-masked] (Tomi Valkeinen)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 08:39:11 +0200

On 10/03/14 23:45, Rob Herring wrote:

> I like this proposal over the others. Although, would dual link be a

I don't like inferring the information. With the above, you can't find
out that the DVI connector has digital and analog support before all the
drivers are loaded.

> single endpoint or 2 endpoints? How would you differentiate that?

Hmm, well endpoints for a single port are exclusive. So it's either a
single port and a single endpoint, or two ports and two endpoints. I
think dual link has to be single port & endpoint, as the TMDS links need
to be driven together as a single bus.

And dual-link is not really "two links". DVI dual-link means 1 clock
lane and 6 data lanes, compared to 1 clock lane and 3 data lanes for
single-link.

> The port node seems a bit pointless.

There's another thread discussing the ports and endpoints.

The port node represents, for example, the pins for the connection for
that device. And an endpoint-endpoint link represents wires between two
ports.

 Tomi

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 901 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20140311/a7245985/attachment.sig>