Subject: [PATCH v3][ 3/9] usb: chipidea: Use standard usb-phy property.

From: [email-masked] (Sergei Shtylyov)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 15:21:59 +0400

Hello.

On 14-03-2014 5:57, Peter Chen wrote:

>>> According to Power_ePAPR_APPROVED_v1.1.pdf "ethernet-phy" is the node
>>> name, it is the same with Sergei's suggestion.

>>      Nobody's talking about "ehternet-phy" here.

> Hmm, you take "ethernet-phy" as an example, and suggest changing to "usb-phy" at last email.

    Then it's a wrong mail. I'm not mixing nodes and properties.

>>> But you have changed the property name at this patch, in fact,
>> "fsl,usbphy"
>>> is ok for property name, "fsl,usb-phy" may be better, but not worth a
>>> patch to change it.

>>      No, it's not better and both are not OK because they're still
>> Freescale specific while the de-facto standard property "usb-phy" is
>> already used by other USB drivers for the same purpose.

> Am I missing something, property name should be the same for all platforms?

    If they're doing the same standard thing, yes.

> Peter

WBR, Sergei