Subject: [PATCH 62/62] ARM: tegra: make debug_ll code build for ARMv6

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Warren)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 13:40:06 -0600

On 03/19/2014 01:29 PM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> In a combined ARMv6/v7 kernel, we cannot use the
> movt/movw instructions to load an immediate, as they
> are not valid on ARMv6.
> 
> This changes the file to use an indirect load instead,
> as lots of other implementations do.

Hmmm. This code is guaranteed to only execute on Tegra (well, perhaps
someone can turn on the wrong debug option and run it on non-Tegra, but
then it's guaranteed not to work since the HW it touches doesn't exist).
As such, the code ought to be able to use ARMv7 instructions.

As a fix for similar issues in assembly code in arch/arm/mach-tegra/*.S,
Makefile there does:

asflags-y                               += -march=armv7-a

(I think you added that? Yes, in 408e713545ca "ARM: tegra: build
assembly files with -march=armv7-a")

Shouldn't we use the same fix in this case too?