Subject: [PATCH v2] gpio: davinci: fix gpio selection for OF

From: [email-masked] (Alexander Holler)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 09:59:37 +0100

Am 21.03.2014 09:28, schrieb Linus Walleij:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Alexander Holler <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> But I don't need any rush here, I'm just unable to understand why the -rc
>> phase isn't used for bug fixing as I believe that's what this phase is for.
>
> Right now it is mostly a practical issue to me, as I applied the patch to
> the devel (for-next) branch, then committed new development on top of
> it.
>
> If I send it for fixes now the same patch will come in two ways as I
> really do not like to rebase my tree at this point.
>
> So I'd prefer to keep this for next and then have it tagged for stable as
> v3.14 is released, if that is OK?

Sure.

> It's as simple as sending a mail to Greg once it's upstream.

I already though about how to tag every patch I send as Cc: stable, 
because almost any fix I send either goes through some -next or even 
-next-next or already is for some stable kernel.
(I usually don't even look at -rc kernels, just for some special things 
I'm waiting for, like this of-gpio for davinci.)

Regards,

Alexander Holler