Subject: [PATCH v7 2/2] ARM hibernation / suspend-to-disk

From: [email-masked] (Alexander Holler)
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 00:36:49 +0100

Am 25.03.2014 19:38, schrieb Alexander Holler:

> reboot too. Another solution would be to unregister the reboot_notifier
> in the reboot_nofifier itself. I've just seen one watchdog driver
> (drivers/rtc/rtc-m41t80.c) which does that. But I still think such

That, btw. is broken. ;)

Right after having send the mail, I've became that intuition, had a look 
and ... notifier.h does state the following:

  * atomic_notifier_chain_unregister(), 
blocking_notifier_chain_unregister(),
  * and srcu_notifier_chain_unregister() _must not_ be called from within
  * the call chain.

(The reboot-notifier chain is of type blocking_notifier_chain)

So I've picked up one user of reboot_notifier by random and had the luck 
to choose a broken one. ;)

I will make a patch and will have a look if the same failure can be 
found elsewhere. There aren't that much users of the reboot-notifier, so 
it shouldn't cost me that much time.

Regards,

Alexander Holler