Subject: [PATCH] watchdog: imx2_wdt: handle enabled watchdog properly

From: [email-masked] (Guenter Roeck)
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 08:41:34 -0700

On 04/04/2014 08:20 AM, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 04:54:01PM +0200, Anatolij Gustschin wrote:
>> If the watchdog is already enabled (e.g. started by the boot loader),
>> we need to handle this case properly and start reloading the watchdog
>> time-out counter as frequently as needed.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Anatolij Gustschin <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Wim Van Sebroeck <[email-masked]>
>
> Uh, this driver has not been converted to use the watchdog framework
> yet? I'd suggest this should be the first step.
>

Yes, that would make sense at this time, especially given the amount
of work going into it. There is also a separate patch set pending,
converting the driver to use regmap [1]; I am copying the author.
Maybe one of the people working with the driver would be willing
to do the conversion.

Guenter

[1] http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1677735