Subject: [PATCH] watchdog: sunxi: Fix compilation with C=2

From: [email-masked] (Emilio López)
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 14:57:04 -0300

Hi,

El 04/04/14 14:35, Guenter Roeck escribi?:
> On 04/04/2014 10:24 AM, Emilio L?pez wrote:
>> When compiling sunxi_defconfig while using C=2, the following error
>> causes the compilation to fail:
>>
>>      drivers/watchdog/sunxi_wdt.c:60:15: error: constant 0b0001 is not
>> a valid number
>>
>> Fix it by using hex notation instead of the non-standard binary one
>>
>
> What defines "non-standard" here ?

non-standard as not part of the C standard. Binary constant notation is 
a GCC extension as far as I'm aware:

http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=23479
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Binary-constants.html (Note the "C 
Extensions" section)

> Isn't this a sparse problem that
> should possibly
> be fixed in sparse instead ?

It could be fixed in sparse as well, I don't really mind either way. The 
binary notation doesn't seem to be used much, if at all, on the kernel 
though; most of the matches I saw when quickly grepping were comments.

Cheers,

Emilio