Subject: [RFC 0/5] PCI: tegra: Overhaul regulator usage

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Warren)
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 13:21:49 -0600

On 04/04/2014 08:49 AM, Thierry Reding wrote:
> The current device tree binding for the regulator setup on Tegra PCIe is
> not accurate. While it does work for current use-cases, that's likely by
> accident rather than design. This series replaces the existing set of
> power-supply properties with a new set that accurately describes the
> inputs of the IP block (depending on SoC generation).
> 
> As a heads-up, this breaks backwards compatibility with prior versions
> of the device tree bindings, but I don't see a reason why that should
> keep us from fixing this properly. Not many people are currently using
> these bindings and those who are are most likely tracking upstream
> development closely enough not to be impacted by this.
> 
> I've aimed to keep the series bisectible, which has the downside of
> interleaving patches to unrelated trees (ARM and PCI). I'm hoping that
> perhaps we can find a way to merge this as a whole to keep it possible
> to bisect across the series. Although again, I guess it wouldn't be all
> that bad if that wasn't the case, given how little PCIe is actually
> being used.

I'd be happy to put this series into a branch in the Tegra tree, given
suitable acks from Bjorn on the PCI changes.