Subject: [PATCH] tty/serial: atmel_serial: Fix device tree documentation

From: [email-masked] (Richard Genoud)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 09:39:59 +0200

On 14/04/2014 17:22, Ludovic Desroches wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> 
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 04:58:02PM +0200, Richard Genoud wrote:
>> RTS pin is an active low pin.
>> For now, this doesn't change anything as the ACTIVE_LOW flag is not
>> handled in atmel_serial, but it will be in 3.16.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Richard Genoud <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>>  Documentation/devicetree/bindings/serial/atmel-usart.txt | 2 +-
>>  1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
>>
>> diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/serial/atmel-usart.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/serial/atmel-usart.txt
>> index 17c1042b2df8..2f7aad71b3c9 100644
>> --- a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/serial/atmel-usart.txt
>> +++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/serial/atmel-usart.txt
>> @@ -35,7 +35,7 @@ Example:
>>  		clock-names = "usart";
>>  		atmel,use-dma-rx;
>>  		atmel,use-dma-tx;
>> -		rts-gpios = <&pioD 15 0>;
>> +		rts-gpios = <&pioD 15 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
> 
> I was told we should not use macros here. If it is still the truth:
> 
> rts-gpios = <&pioD 15 1>;

But I'd really like to know if macros are forbidden in DT documentation and why...
Because, IMHO, <&pioD 15 1> talks less that <&pioD 15 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>.
Which is a shame in a documentation.

Rob, any idea on that ?

(actually, I missed some uses of GPIO_ACTIVE_ macros in Documentation :)
git grep GPIO_ACTIVE Documentation/devicetree/bindings/
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/gpio-davinci.txt:                gpios = <&gpio 10 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/gpio-davinci.txt:                gpios = <&gpio 11 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/gpio-lp3943.txt:         gpios = <&gpioex 9 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/gpio-lp3943.txt:         gpios = <&gpioex 10 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/gpio-pcf857x.txt:    GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH and GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW flags are supported.
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/gpio-tz1090-pdc.txt:      GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/gpio-tz1090-pdc.txt:      GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/gpio-tz1090.txt:        GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/gpio-tz1090.txt:        GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/gpio/renesas,gpio-rcar.txt:    GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH and GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW flags are supported.
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/input/gpio-beeper.txt:                gpios = <&gpio3 23 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mmc.txt:also be specified using the OF_GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW flag. This creates an ambiguity
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mmc.txt:OF_GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW flag clear and specifying the respective *-inverted
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/nfc/trf7970a.txt:         ti,enable-gpios = <&gpio2 2 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>,
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/nfc/trf7970a.txt:                           <&gpio2 5 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/wireless/ti,wl1251.txt:           ti,power-gpio = <&gpio3 23 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; /* 87 */
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pinctrl/renesas,pfc-pinctrl.txt:    GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH and GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW flags are supported.
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pinctrl/renesas,pfc-pinctrl.txt:                      gpios = <&pfc 20 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/isp1704.txt:    nxp,enable-gpio = <&gpio3 3 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/max98090.txt:   interrupts = <TEGRA_GPIO(H, 4) GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/rt5640.txt:     interrupts = <TEGRA_GPIO(W, 3) GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/rt5640.txt:             <&gpio TEGRA_GPIO(V, 3) GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/tpa6130a2.txt:  power-gpio = <&gpio4 2 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/usb-nop-xceiv.txt:                reset-gpios = <&gpio1 7 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/backlight/gpio-backlight.txt:           gpios = <&gpio3 4 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/panel-dsi-cm.txt:       reset-gpios = <&gpio4 6 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/sony,acx565akm.txt:     reset-gpios = <&gpio3 26 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; /* 90 */
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/ti,omap-dss.txt:                gpios = <&gpio1 0 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;     /* 0, power-down */
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/ti,omap-dss.txt:                gpios = <&gpio2 28 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>,   /* 60, CT CP HPD */
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/ti,omap-dss.txt:                        <&gpio2 9 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>,    /* 41, LS OE */
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/ti,omap-dss.txt:                        <&gpio2 31 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;   /* 63, HPD */
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/ti,tfp410.txt:  powerdown-gpios = <&twl_gpio 2 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/ti,tpd12s015.txt:       gpios = <&gpio2 28 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>,   /* 60, CT CP HPD */
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/ti,tpd12s015.txt:               <&gpio2 9 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>,    /* 41, LS OE */
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/ti,tpd12s015.txt:               <&gpio2 31 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>;   /* 63, HPD */
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/watchdog/gpio-wdt.txt:                gpios = <&gpio3 9 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;

Richard.