Subject: BUG: spinlock trylock failure on UP - reverting timer patches helps

From: [email-masked] (Stanislav Meduna)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 00:55:19 +0200

On 17.04.2014 18:29, Stanislav Meduna wrote:

> Note: the bug goes away reverting the very same patches that are
> helping the Jordan's problms. I did follow
> 
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-rt-users/msg11639.html
> 
> and no BUG while booting anymore. I'll try to let it run some
> more time.

Erm.. nope

# (cat /proc/meminfo ; cat /proc/meminfo) |  grep KernelStack
KernelStack:        5920 kB
KernelStack:        5928 kB

# (cat /proc/meminfo ; cat /proc/meminfo) |  grep KernelStack
KernelStack:        5952 kB
KernelStack:        5960 kB

maybe interrupt nesting ad nauseum? How does one debug
such issues?

It is possible that my previous posting was also caused by this -
disregard, I'll post again if the problem persists.

Jordan, could you check whether your kernel stack remains
stable with only the 3 patches reverted?

Thanks
-- 
                                     Stano