Subject: [PATCH 0/2] net: Add Keystone NetCP ethernet driver support

From: [email-masked] (Santosh Shilimkar)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 19:56:19 -0400

On Tuesday 22 April 2014 06:02 PM, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Apr 2014 17:21:13 -0400
> Santosh Shilimkar <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> NetCP driver has a plug-in module architecture where each of the NetCP
>> sub-modules exist as a loadable kernel module which plug in to the netcp
>> core. These sub-modules are represented as "netcp-devices" in the dts
>> bindings. It is mandatory to have the ethernet switch sub-module for
>> the ethernet interface to be operational. Any other sub-module like the
>> PA is optional.
> 
> Where is the implementation of these modules. You need to include
> this as separate patch set. Also the hooks for these modules should all
> be EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL() to disallow proprietary modules.
> 
There is no proprietary issue and all the hooks will be GPL. The plan is
to add them in another patch-set once the core driver gets merged. They need
some work to make them upstream ready.

Regards,
Santosh