Subject: [PATCH 00/11] ARM: OMAP: OMAP5 & AM43x DSS

From: [email-masked] (Tomi Valkeinen)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 11:14:32 +0300

On 12/05/14 18:48, Tony Lindgren wrote:

>>> Also, I'm wondering why we still have .clk and .opt_clks entries in the
>>> hwmod data for am43xx and omap5 which are both device tree based with
>>> all the clocks coming from .dts files?
>>
>> I think they are needed for the omap_device/hwmod stuff to work. Only
>> omapdss driver knows about the clocks defined in the .dts files, and the
>> omap_device/hwmod code still needs to do the reset and maybe some other
>> tasks that require the clocks.
> 
> We're already populating the hwmod data from dts entries, that's done by
> omap_device_build_from_dt. Why aren't we doing that for dt defined clocks?
> 
> I'd rather not start adding new data that will then just be removed, that's
> what people call "pointless extra churn".

I don't know why. I have to say I'm not 100% sure if that's done or not,
but at least I can't find where it's done.

 Tomi

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20140516/8531d271/attachment.sig>