Subject: [PATCH 06/11] ARM: OMAP2+: Fix voltage scaling init for device tree

From: [email-masked] (Nishanth Menon)
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 13:52:18 -0500

On 05/19/2014 01:48 PM, Joachim Eastwood wrote:
[...]
>> we can add TPS data here for 4460 mpu (panda-ES) if that is
>> interesting to us - given that the common voltage domain/VC/VP stuff
>> so far has gone in no positive direction in our discussions last year.
> 
> If this means that voltage scaling and 1.5GHz would work for 4460 it
> would make me very happy :)
> But I assume that would bring lots of more code into mach-omap2 which
> wouldn't be good either. Escaping the old 3.4 kernel would be nice,
> though.
Not really.. we cannot make 1.5GHz work without ABB integration into
the transition sequence[1] - what we can try to do is make basic dvfs
work. the approach we'd be taking (if we introduce tps handlers) is to
do exactly what we did in 3.0/3.4 kernels. I am not too happy with
that. instead, I would prefer we skip dvfs for 4460(which was never
working in upstream) and do it the *right* way - which ever the
upstream maintainers want it to be. that is my personal 2 cents.

[1] last attempt:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=139275579731801&w=2 (patch 1-5).
Blocked at:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-arm-kernel&m=139526861215152&w=2

-- 
Regards,
Nishanth Menon