Subject: [PATCH] ARM: dts: duovero-parlor: Add HDMI output

From: [email-masked] (Tomi Valkeinen)
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 11:26:10 +0300

On 21/05/14 11:14, Florian Vaussard wrote:

>> I think Parlor has one and the "hdmi-connector" binding now supports
>> it. See Tomi's 3.16/fbdev-omap branch.
>>
> 
> Looking into the details, the HPD pin of the parlor board is connected
> to the OMAP4 HDMI IP. The LINK_CONNECT and LINK_DISCONNECT events are
> managed by hdmi_irq_handler() in hdmi4.c to turn on/off the PHY's power.
> So there is no need to use the hgp-gpios binding of "hdmi-connector"
> IMHO. Correct me if I am wrong, as the public TRM is pretty thin
> regarding the OMAP4 HDMI IP.

The PHY's link-connect and disconnect are a separate thing, not really
related to the HPD.

The hdmi_hpd pin on OMAP should be configured to GPIO mode, and the GPIO
should be handled by the hdmi-connector.

The HDMI driver doesn't have support for the HDMI IP's HPD, and if I
recall right, the HDMI IP's HPD was not without problems. And afaik it
doesn't really bring anything, a normal GPIO does the job just fine.

 Tomi

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20140521/24220845/attachment-0001.sig>