Subject: [E1000-devel] ARM support for igb driver

From: [email-masked] (Ben Dooks)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 15:57:18 +0100

On 06/05/14 15:58, Alexander Duyck wrote:
> Shiv,
> 
> I think we are at the limits of what we can do from the Intel end.
> Based on the comments from Thomas it sounds like there shouldn't be any
> issues specifically with ARM that prevent the use of IGB PCIe devices,
> and the fact is the error your are seeing "Unhandled fault: imprecise
> external abort (0x1406) at 0x00000000" can indicate some sort of bus
> fault.  It would probably be best to work with someone more familiar
> with the inner workings of ARM CPUs as they might be able to work out
> some other workarounds for the external abort.

I did send a pair of patches for this, as imprecise aborts are not
traceable to their source instruction and there is a case that it
should not abort any tasks.

-- 
Ben Dooks				http://www.codethink.co.uk/
Senior Engineer				Codethink - Providing Genius