Subject: [PATCH CFT 00/30] Initial round of Freescale FEC ethernet patches

From: [email-masked] (Nathan Lynch)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 09:21:28 -0500

[apologies if this is a duplicate, I got a weird SMTP error from my
organization's mail server when I tried to send this yesterday]

On 06/27/2014 10:15 AM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> This is v2 of my initial round of patches (roughly half of my total
> patch set) for the Freescale FEC driver.
> 
> I'm sending this set out for comments and testing.  So far, I have
> had only one ack for one patch in this series, this is pretty poor,
> so I'm now sending it with a CFT tag instead.

FWIW I've given your fec-testing branch some testing on BD-SL-i.MX6
(Sabre Lite) with 3.16-rc2 (-rc1 has some issue with detecting the mmc).
 Mainly running glibc 'make check' with SSH, NFSv4, IPv4 on a gigabit
switch.  This workload wasn't exhibiting problems before your patches
and it does not appear to be regressed by them.

I wanted to test it because I've noticed hard-to-characterize sluggish
interactive response in SSH sessions on this system.  Like key echo
takes 0.2 seconds too long... sometimes.  I guess it could be anything,
but I haven't encountered it yet with your patches.