Subject: [PATCH v2] cpufreq: Don't destroy/realloc policy/sysfs on hotplug/suspend

From: [email-masked] (Saravana Kannan)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 20:06:48 -0700

On 07/10/2014 11:19 PM, Viresh Kumar wrote:

>
> Please make sure you take care of these issues:
> - suspend/resume
> - hotplug
> - module insert/remove
Ok, I was just at the current code. Does cpufreq_unregister_driver() 
even really work correctly as it stands?

It doesn't even seem to stop any of the governors/policies before it 
just set the cpufreq_driver pointer to NULL.

So, technically my v2 patch doesn't even make anything worse when it 
comes to unregistering the cpufreq driver.

Similar issues for unregister_governor too!

-Saravana

-- 
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
hosted by The Linux Foundation